Continuing education is key to the mission of the NCBFAA Educational Institute (NEI). Once an individual has earned one of our four professional designations (CCS, MCS, CES, or MES), they must earn a specified number of continuing education credits each year in order to be eligible for recertification. Designees must both earn their continuing education credits and pay a renewal fee in order to maintain their designation annually.
How to Obtain Credits
- Complete the free case studies that the NEI offers each year (6 credits each). For more information on case studies, please 点击这里. (This is the most popular option! Many designees complete all case studies in one day.) While case studies run on a calendar-year basis (January-December), designees are required to earn their credits within their specific certification period and excess credits do not roll over. If your certification is on an anniversary date basis (anything other than Jan-Dec), please keep track of your credit earnings accordingly.
- Complete other partner courses through one of our partner organizations.
- Attend approved events, found on our event calendar. If you attend an event that is not already approved, you may submit a Form 100 and $25 fee to have the event approved for points. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Attend an NEI-hosted webinar, or on-demand courses.
- Complete a free webinar summary.
Continuing Education Requirements
20 CCS/MCS credits annually
20 CES/MES credits annually
15 CCS/MCS credits annually
15 CES/MES credits annually
14 June, 2022, 1 PM-2 PMPreparing Your Data for Maximized Drawback Claims
12 August, 2022, 2 PM-3 PMLegislative/GAC Webinar - What You Need to Know